2. Dress for success:Choose a quiet place for the interview where nobody can disturb you. Take care of your background, because it is the only thing that they interviewer can see. So choose a place which looks more like a businesslike place. If you are at home, tell everybody the timing of the interview and not to disturb you and keep the home quite as much as possible.
3. Check the devices:Dress like a professional should be for the interview. Do your research about the company and how the employees prefer to dress. It is your upper half that only visible to the interview, but it's better you dress full as it will give you more comfort and confidence.
4. Maintain the eye contact:Check all the equipments like computer/laptop, headphone, camera and internet connection, etc. It'll help you in fixing any issue in advance.
5. Do the practice:Well, in an in-person interview you can see directly in the eye or face of the person but what in skype interview. Don't look at the screen look at the camera instead, that will make your eye contact with the interviewer.
6. You can have notes to cheat:No doubt, practice makes perfect. If it's your first skype interview, you better make a run through interview with your friend or colleague. It'll give you more confidence and help in focusing on camera instead of the screen.
7. Body Language:Yes, you can as the interviewer can only see your background nothing else, so you can keep something with you to cheat like your resume copy, the list of questions that you want to ask in the end etc.
8. Don't run other applications:Mind your body language during the call. Think it's like an in-person interview and keep your posture as you should during an in-person round.
9. Be an active listener:Make sure there should be no other application running on your computer, so nothing can distract you during the call.
10. Ask questions and right questions:During the call keep your all focus on the interviewer, even when they are busy in any discussion with each other. Become an active listener.
Be ready for the part when the interviewer asks "do you have any question to ask?" Ask the right question, don't just ask anything. It'll show you that you are serious about the job and do your research. Prepare your list of questions, if you have no idea then read this: "Top interview questions to ask to interviewer".