The Government Girls P.G. College, Ghazipur was established on December 03, 1977. The college has been assessed by the NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore, an autonomous organization of the UGC) in November, 2016 and accredited 'B++' grade. At present, the college has the teaching facilities in 18 subjects of Arts and 05 subjects of Sciences for pursuing one's career. The college also offers Post Graduate courses in seven subjects.
The college has the teaching facilities in 18 subjects of Arts and 05 subjects of Sciences for pursuing one’s career.To provide opportunity for working women and non-regular students to continue their study, there is a study centre in the college governed by Rajarshi Purushottam Das Tandon Open University, Allahabad, UP.
In addition, the college has well developed student support system that include various activities and schemes like:
- scholarship and fee reimbursement scheme of UP Government
- student welfare cell
- women cell
- grievance redressal cell
- skill development cell
- anti-ragging cell
- publication of annual magazine ‘Kirti’ and biannual magazine 'Lakshya'
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- celebration of annual function
- organization of cultural programmes
- Freshers' Meet (Spandan)
- annual Games(Spardha)
- seminars and extension lectures
- departmental councils with many Competitions and Cultural, Social, Literary and Scientific activities
- communication between the students and college administration through a general meeting called 'Preriki', Alumini Meet and so many.
Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University (UPRTOU)
This College is one of 709 Study Centres of UPRTOU.
It runs the various programmes and courses of UPRTOU.
RTI Suo moto Information
Government Girls’ P.G. College, Ghazipur - 233001,