The institution was established by the famous industrialist Sir Padampat Singhania(J.K. Group) in the fond memory of his maternal grandmother, Smt. Juhari Devi. Dr. Vijay Laxmi Pandit laid the foundation of the institution in 1946 as a small school having two teachers and 20 students. From there, it blossomed into primary, high school, intermediate and finally postgraduate college. On 3rd August 1963, at 4:30 pm, the then Governor of Uttar Pradesh, India, Hon'ble Shri Vishwanath Das inaugurated Juhari Devi Girls' Degree college. The mission was to provide higher education to girls especially from lower income group of society.
In 1967 the college received its permanent affiliation from Kanpur University with twelve undergraduate subjects. In 1968, the postgraduate classes of Psychology, Hindi, Drawing and Painting and Music started. Sanskrit received it recognition in 1968 and Home-Science in 2002 as self finance course .
Juhari Devi Girls P.G. College,