There are various job opportunities available after completing this course. Diploma in Pharmacy certificate holders may start practicing as pharmacists in India. They may work at drug stores in Government hospitals, private hospitals, clinics, community health centers or private drug stores. As they are now registered pharmacist, they can start their own medical shops also.Pharmaceutical companies are also known to hire diploma holders. In this sector, they may work at divisions/sections like- manufacturing, process control, quality control and marketing.
After completing this course, if candidates wants to continue study in the same field then candidates may secure admission directly in the 2nd academic year of Bachelor of Pharmacy course. Admissions are provided to Diploma in Pharmacy holders based on merit marks obtained by them in Diploma course.
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigargh
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
Minimum qualification for admission to Diploma in Pharmacy:
Passing any of the following examinations with Physics, Chemistry & Biology or Mathematics (PCB or PCM) and English
Intermediate examination in Science
10+2 examination (academic stream) in Science, with PCB or PCM
1st year of the three-year degree examination in Science
Some institutues conduct entrace exam for admissin and some give direct admission based on %. The marks requried to get admission can vary from one institute to another. It can be between 45% to 60%.