- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action.
- Overseeing policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval.
- To attend the board meetings in order to ensure that the legal requirements are fulfilled, and provide such information as are necessary.
- Organizing and preparing the agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meeting.
- Prepare, approve, sign and seal agreements leases, legal forms, and other official documents on the company's behalf, when authorized by the board of directors or the executive responsible.
- Advise the chief executives or other executives, in respect of the legal matters, as required.
- Filling of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the company law.
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries, register for transfer of shares, debenture-holders etc.
- Make sure that the decision of the Board of directors is implemented.
- taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns to Companies House
- dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Stay connected with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors
- Register and communicate with the shareholders
- Ensure that dividends are paid
- Maintain the company records such as list of directors, shareholders, annual accounts
- Strong communication skills
- Critical Thinker and Problem Solver
- Ability to priorities work and manage time effectively
- Should have a personal interest in business activities
- Excellent PC skills like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, taking prints etc.
- Experience of working with director level or above
- Strong organisational skills to adapt to changing environments
- Meeting management and minute taking
- Good knowledge about travel arrangement
- Should have strong knowledge about different laws related to the company
Who should choose this career
How to be there?