In modern days, the web development process is divided into different categories and each needs its specialization in specific technology. A website can consist of
The back-end of a website is that part which a user doesn't see, but it plays a vital role in the functioning. It contains all the logic that makes the site run like making a connection to the server, get data to show and save user data etc.
A back-end developer builds and maintains the technology that powers those components which, together, enable the user-facing side of the website to even exist in the first place.
Back-end developer's job is to write the logic for the website like setting connection, fetching data from the database, and saving data to the database and fulfilling the user requests from the front-end. They develop the web services or API that used by front-end developers to communicate with the server.
Job and responsibilities of a Back-end Developer:
- Developing the Web Services or API and work with front end developers to integrate these API with the front end.
- Writing the reusable code and create libraries for future use
- Optimizing the code for a better and faster performance
- Testing the code for security and a better user experience
- Security and data protection implementation
- Fixing the issues
- Working closely with the front end team to understand the requirements and build accordingly
- Working closely with the database administrator for better and faster performance
To pursue the career in this field, a professional degree in computer science is the must. Most of the companies preferred PG degree holder from a reputed institute.
BCA, MCA, BTech, MTech from computer science or any other equivalent degree or diploma
Nowadays, most companies work five days a week and about 9-hour shift per day but it's in normal days. If you are thinking to make a career in this then you need to prepare yourself for long working hours, late night or sometimes even work on weekends too. But all these happened in case of some urgent requirements or production issues.
The average salary of a back-end developer in India is Rs. 3,16,204 per annum (indeed
). It depends on the experience and the technology you are working in.
As the software industry is growing and website development is divided into different categories like front-end, backend, etc. so the requirement of backend technology specialists is increasing. One just needs to identify the hot technology and get expertise in this.