- Work Experience: The part time job gives the real life work experience. This work experience will help in getting a job after study completion. Employers look for employees who understand the work environment and work well as part of a team. Having part time job experience shows that you have some exposure to the professional world and it'll give an advantage over other candidates during a job search.
- Money: Of course, money is the factor that leads you toward a part time job. You can pay your bills, tuition fee, buy the required things and that'll reduce the burden of your study expenses over your parents.
- Money Management: Nobody does budgeting with the pocket money they got from parents, but when you start earning and you spend your hard earned money, then, you start thinking about it and plan how and where you'll spend your money and how much you spend and how much you save.
- Time Management: Doing the job with study left you with less time and a busy schedule, so you have to manage your time in the way that both your study and work won't get affected.
- Develop useful skills: During your part time job you'll develop many useful skills that'll help you in your professional life like team work, organizational skills, multi-tasking, time management, work initiative skills meeting etiquettes etc.
- Networking Opportunities: Well, during your part time job, you'll meet many people from the professional world. This is an opportunity to grow your network.
- Effect on the study: While doing part time job, you'll have a busy schedule and you'll get less time for study and yourself. You'll not have time to rest, so you feel tired and exhausted and your study will effected.
- No extra benefits: Part time employees usually do not receive the benefits like health insurance, sick leave, holiday pay, etc. If you fell ill and take leave then you won't get paid for that.
- No job security: There is less job security for part timers. In bad times, usually company laid them off before the full timers.
- Health: As you'll have a busy schedule and have less time for yourself, it'll affect your health too.
- Distraction from the study: Sometime, part timer got good earning and that can distract them from the study. The more money you have, more you think about it.